Boris FX is hiring for the following positions:
Sales & Support
To apply for any of the open positions, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject field.
No inquiries from agencies at this time please.
Sales & Support
Are you looking for a hot software firm to build your professional career on? If you are a smart, hard-working, goal-oriented self-starter with interest in video, graphics, or post-production this is a perfect opportunity for you.
In this position, you will be supporting our award-winning Sapphire, Continuum, Mocha brands, taking inbound and making outbound calls to users, assisting in installation, learning and using our products while interfacing with Marketing, Product Management and Sales teams.
Ideal candidate will have a degree in video, film or broadcast with knowledge of modern video post-production and industry. Excellent verbal, phone and writing skills are essential.
- Following up on assigned sales leads
- Taking inbound support cases
- Making outbound calls or emails
- Interacting with customer on the intercom web chat system
Boris FX is a small, privately held company with an informal but high-energy work environment. We are a leader in visual effects for film, video and broadcast markets. Join the company where you can learn, earn living, and have fun at the same time. This is a full-time position that is permanently remote / work from home. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
We are looking for charismatic, original, personable people to join our team and help our company succeed in a competitive marketplace. Boris FX employees are valued for their contributions and rewarded well for their hard work.
Are you someone who would be excited about working in the visual effects industry developing VFX tools for the next blockbuster movie or Super Bowl commercial? Do you have a passion for quality, super-fast, maintainable code?
Boris FX is a leading provider of specialized visual effects software to the film, media and advertising industries worldwide. Our products are used in top video content of all kinds. We care about speed, quality and creativity. We’re looking for a motivated engineer to help us move faster, scale larger, and create more amazing products.
You’d work closely with the rest of our small, geographically dispersed development group on Academy Award-winning visual effects software and make a significant impact on our company.
This is a full-time position that is permanently remote / work from home. Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
Roles and Responsibilities
Write sophisticated image processing and computer vision software in C++ and OpenCL.
We all wear many hats, so there’s some customer interaction, bug fixes, conferences, product design and QA as well as serious high-performance, artist-focussed software development.
- Solid experience, comfort and fluency with C++
- Experience creating, debugging and shipping high-performance products
- Image processing and/or computer vision skills
- Degree in Computing or a related subject, or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with two or more of Windows, Mac and Linux
- Experience with distributed version control (especially Git)
- Experience with agile development, bug tracking (such as Jira)
- Familiarity with video editing/effects software development
- Experience with parallel or GPU programming
- Comfort and fluency with Python
- Strong debugging skills and a desire to solve challenging problems
- Experience working in a distributed team, for example open-source projects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Enthusiasm to learn
- Able to work independently
- Likes a small company environment